In this rather large crate is 29,000 kg worth of power componentry, collected from Melbourne and delivered to a renewable energy site in regional Queensland.
The scope of this project was:
- Collect the unit from the wharf, and transport on a float to site.
- Co-ordinate a crane to unload the unit into a designated work area on site.
- Supply a team of staff to de-crate and segregate machinery and componentry.
- Drive forklifts and position units within the work area.
- Separate all materials from the crate and packaging.
- Take waste to recycling facilities and landfill.